Castlefields' Statment of Faith
- There is but one living and true God, Creator of all things, Governor of the world and Judge of all men. There are three Persons in the Godhead - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are equal and each wholly God.
- The Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the infallible and inerrant Word of God, given by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and are authoritative in all matters about which they speak.
- By reason of the historic Fall of Adam and Eve all men are born into a condition of spiritual death, under divine wrath, and are sinful by nature, desire, and act. Therefore no man can be saved unless his is born again by the work of the Holy Spirit and, as a consequence, repents, turns from his sin and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ.
- God, who takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked but delights in mercy, sent His only begotten Son into the world to become the mediator between God and man. The Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, being born of a virgin yet without sin, is both God and man in two distinct natures but one Person for ever.
- God made the Lord Jesus Christ to be sin for us and the Saviour, freely and willingly, offered Himself to satisfy Divine Justice and to reconcile us to God by His death on the Cross. In that God raised HIm from the dead and He ascended bodily into Heaven we are assured that God accepted His Atonement and inputes His Righteousness to the repentant sinner.
- God has commanded that the Gospel be preached to every creature and Christ promises that all who come to Him will be received and will never be driven away.
- Those who trust in Christ will evidence this by living holy lives, presenting themselves a living sacrifice for the service of God. No-one who continues in wilful disobedience can be assured of salvation.
- God is to be worshipped and served according to His own will. He has ordained that believers shall be gathered together as churches to worship Him, to be instructed in His Word and to observe the Ordinances of Baptism and the Lord's Supper.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will come again in Glory to judge the world. Believers will enter into Everlasting Life but unbelievers will go into everlasting condemnation.